With fall just around the corner, proposal season is fast approaching! The holidays are the most popular time to pop the question, with 19% of engagements in the US occurring around Christmas and NYE. If you’re planning that perfect autumn proposal, here are some tips to choosing the perfect ring based on popular trends:
1) Vintage Halo Diamonds: The vintage, unique, and antique look of an engagement ring is making a comeback and moving modern styles to the backseat. This authentic design is popular because it makes each ring feel like “one of a kind”, and all the tiny details of the ring create a larger looking, sparkly stone! The vintage trend allows for more personalization instead of opting for traditional, solitaire styles, and will definitely make her say “yes!”
2) Colored Center Stone: The rise in popularity of colored stones has grown exponentially over the last decade. Colored stones are a way to break away from tradition and express yourself in a way that is more “you” compared to what everyone else is wearing. Sapphires are the top choice (after diamonds) since they come in every color you could imagine, but still have the same shape as a diamond.
3) Elongated Diamond Shapes: There are many ways to create the illusion that an engagement ring is bigger than it actually is. One of these ways is choosing diamond shapes that are elongated, like ovals, pears, and marquise diamonds. Bigger is better, especially when it comes to the diamond on your finger, and these elongated shapes serve as the ultimate hack for getting more for less!
4) Pavé Bands: Who doesn’t love more diamonds? The Pavé setting has always been popular as its style is stunning, classy, and grabs extra attention with the extra sparkle. Pavé bands are still expected to maintain their popularity through 2019 and 2020 engagement season.
5) Solitaire Settings: What better way to showcase a stunning stone than with a solitaire setting! The traditional setting is classic and timeless and has been a feature of two of the most talked about celebrity engagement rings: Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence. Simplicity is stunning, and that has never been more true than with solitaire settings!